Against attorney Robert Barnes, the IRS has faced shocking defeats in cases legal observers were positive the IRS should have won…
Snipes faced “16 years in prison” until Barnes’ defense led the jury to “clear Snipes of serious tax charges.” He’s the third client of Barnes who obtained a stunning “major case” where the Department of Justice “failed to win convictions.” — The New York Times, February 2 “Wesley Snipes Cleared of Serious Tax Charges”
There is no question that Robert Barnes has been responsible for winning more high-profile tax fraud-related cases in the last 10 years than any other tax evasion lawyer. Here are just five of them that made national news. Note that full details including news coverage and court documents are available on this site.
Tax Fraud Attorney Robert Barnes is thanked by Wesley Snipes following the “not-guilty” verdicts on all felony charges. Contact Robert Barnes directly at (213) 330-3341.
Wesley Snipes faced 16 years in federal prison, fines of more than $40 million and the end of his career. Most pundits and tax attorneys called it the “unwinnable case in the impossible place.” It was — until Robert Barnes devised a “unique” and “ingenious” legal strategy. The result? Wesley Snipes was acquitted on all felony charges, all fraud charges and all conspiracy charges.
Discover the full details of Wesley Snipes Tax Evasion Case here.
Hollywood producer Joe Francis was indicted on multiple tax-evasion counts and faced a 10-year federal prison sentence with $20 million in fines. Robert Barnes changed the playing field by fully investigating, discovering and documenting the government witnesses’ lies. Barnes sued the former CFO of the company who had allowed mistakes on the tax returns. The result? Joe Francis faced no prison time and a $2,500 fine. Would you rather pay the IRS $20 million or $2,500?
TMZ called Barnes “Shakespeare Gone Wild” in his “must read” trial court complaint in a suit “that reads like a novel. — TMZ, July 28, 2008
A Hollywood star was accused by the IRS of fraud and hiding millions in offshore accounts. He faced a 15-year federal prison sentence and bankruptcy. Robert Barnes unveiled the government’s complicity with a well-connected billionaire political insider and launched a full attack. The result? The Hollywood star was freed, avoided bankruptcy and got his money back. Would you rather serve 15 years in prison or have your freedom?
Need to protect yourself from and IRS criminal investigation, tax fraud, tax evasion or other criminal charges. Call Robert Barnes directly at (213) 330-3341 now.
Joe Banister, former IRS Agent, beats the IRS in court and appears on CNBC with Ron Paul.
When IRS agent Joe Banister turned against the corruption of the IRS, the IRS turned against him charging him with conspiracy and fraud. Facing 10 years in prison, Banister hired Robert Barnes who relentlessly attacked the corruption of the IRS and gave a brilliant closing argument inspired by the movie The Sting. The result? Joe Banister gained his freedom and cleared his good name.
Discover how Joe Banister beat the IRS here.
Attorney Robert Barnes’ representation was “superb” in defending me. - Joe Banister, former IRS agent acquitted of all felony charges.
Jerry Marchelletta and his father had just been convicted of multiple tax fraud-related charges and were facing the tearing apart of their close family and the bankruptcy of the $40 million drywall business they built from scratch. They faced the toughest, most pro-government federal appeals court in the country. Robert Barnes’s appeal detailed the way these two innocent men were railroaded by a perjured government agent and a campaign of lies. The result? They were awarded complete and full reversals of all charges and got their lives back.
Details on how Jerry Marchelletta won his appeal are here.
Robert Barnes is the attorney “who saved Wesley Snipes from growing old in prison” with a “remarkable acquittal record” in felony cases. Barnes’ “stunning” defense of Snipes was a deafening “defeat for the Justice Department. - Condé Nast Portfolio, “Taxman Beware,” October 15, 2008
Are you facing an IRS criminal investigation,
tax fraud, tax evasion, or other criminal charges.
Call Robert Barnes directly at (213) 330-3341 now.
Avoid prison, fines and penalties for tax fraud and tax evasion. Contact Barnes Law for the IRS Criminal Investigation Defense Guide. (213) 330-3341.
For a limited time, Robert Barnes is offering most visitors FREE Access to a downloadable 100+ page PDF or the online version of “The IRS Criminal Investigation Process from A to Z: How to Overcome the IRS By Asserting Your Civil Rights” in the password-protected area of this website.
You can call (213) 330-3341 to request a copy or access the online version ANONYMOUSLY by subscribing to the password protected area of the BarnesLawLLP website using an email address.
Here are the topics…
INTRODUCTION by ROBERT BARNES
1. One Innocent Person Each Day
2. Risks You Face
ALLEGED CRIMES AND POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS
3. What Is Tax Evasion?
4. What is Tax Fraud
5. What Is a False Return
6. Conspiracy to Defraud
7. Felony and Misdemeanor Charges & Penalties Summary
IRS CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION PROCESS
8. IRS Criminal Investigation Introduction
9. IRS Criminal Investigator Contacted Me
10. IRS Criminal Investigation Process Summary
11. How to Find Out Now If Are You Under Criminal Investigation
HOW DOES AN IRS CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION BEGIN?
12. Sources of an Investigation Summary
13. Review of Your Tax Returns
14. Fraud Referrals
15. IRS Whistleblowers
16. Grand Jury
17. CPA – Sells You Out
18. Special Agent
WHO IS INVOLVED & WHAT MOTIVATES THEM?
19. IRS Special Agent
20. Supervisory Special Agents
21. Special Agent in Charge
22. Criminal Tax Counsel
23. Who Is United States Attorney
24. Assistant United States Attorney
25. Department Of Justice
26. IRS Tax Division
IRS INVESTIGATIONS SECRET BEGINNINGS
27. Secret Audits
28. IRS Secret Criminal Investigations
29. IRS Criminal Investigations Disguised as Audits
YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS
30. IRS Criminal Investigation & Your Civil Rights
31. How to Assert Your Right to Privacy
DEFENDING YOURSELF DURING THE PROCESS
32. How to Keep the IRS Agent Honest
33. Immediately: Did the IRS Act Too Soon?
34. Did the IRS Break the Rules in Getting Information
35. What to Do During First Contact from an Agent
36. IRS Required Warnings and What They Really Mean
37. How to Challenge an IRS Summons
38. IRS Subpoenas
39. Computer Record Seizures
40. Asset Seizures
41. IRS Informants
42. Special Agent Witness Interviews
43. How to Protect Yourself During the Grand Jury Process
44. What to Do If You Are Called As a Grand Jury Witness
45. How to Use Process Privileges to Defend Yourself
46. Marital Privilege
47. Attorney Client Privilege
48. Joint Defense Privilege
49. Fifth Amendment Privilege
50. If Your or Someone Else is Offered Immunity
STOPPING THE INDICTMENT
51. IRS Criminal Investigation Can I Stop an Indictment?
52. Can a Special Agent Indict You?
53. How to Assert Your IRS Criminal Investigation Process Conference Rights
54. Special Agent Conference
55. Special Agent Report
56. Special Agent in Charge Conference
57. Tax Division
58. Will I Get Charged or Will I Get Indicted
IF YOU ARE INDICTED
60. Extradition – Overseas Arrest
61. How to Get Bail and Stay Out of Jail
STRATEGIES FOR WINNING IN COURT
62. What is the Jury Trial Process
63. How Avoiding Taxes Is NOT a Crime
64. Attack Government Misconduct & Prove Your Innocence
65. Attack IRS Agent Misconduct
66. Challenge the Legality of the Search Warrant
67. Assert Your Right to Discovery
68. Assert Your Right to Reliance
69. Good Faith Defense
70. Make the IRS Prove Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
AFTER THE JURY TRIAL
71. If Innocent: How to Sue the IRS
72. If Found Guilty: How to Avoid Harsh Sentencing
73. How to Appeal Your Conviction
74. Asserting Your Right to a New Trial
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO NOW?
75. What You Should NOT Do Right Now
76. How to Choose an Attorney
Robert Barnes works exclusively with a very limited number of clients. Unlike many attorneys who work in firms where politics runs rampant and partners play golf while fresh-out-of-law school associates do the work, Barnes invests his total focus on your case. Barnes Law’s team of forensic experts utilize CIA investigation and FBI analysis technologies and strategies to help you avoid indictment and prison time.
When you call Barnes Law’s office about a legal issue, Robert Barnes will personally review your situation, often during a 30-minute phone call. If accepted as a client, you can expect the entire Barnes Law team to be available to do whatever it takes to protect you and your family from tax evasion charges.